Engagement Rings Mobile AL
Engagement RingsIf you think that celebrities like Beyonce, Katherine Heigl, Jennifer Lopez and Ashlee Simpson are the only ones who can score engagement and wedding rings made just for them, think again. 'There are couples out there that don't have a fortune but do want something special,' says New York jewelry designer Sarah Perlis, who often creates custom rings for clients. She estimates that her one-of-a-kind engagement rings can cost anywhere from $500 to $5,000. Here, we've outlined four ways to have a hand in designing your own unique baubles.
The Match Game
Let's start with the most basic way to customize: find the loose diamond you want, match it to a ring setting you love and voila!-you've created a piece that's perfect for you. Most jewelers should be able to give you this option. If you choose to do this, first familiarize yourselves with the four Cs of diamond buying: carat, cut, clarity and color. (See bridalguide.com/diamonds .) Know which of the four Cs are most important to you, and consider as many stones in your price range as you can. Remember that you often can select from a variety of metal options, too, such as white gold, yellow gold or platinum. You may be surprised by how easy the process is!
Love the pave diamond detail of one ring but don't love the setting? Then have that detail placed in a setting you do love. Paul Tacorian of Tacori, who has customized rings for celebrities like Ellen Pompeo and the cast of The Bachelor, estimates that...
Engagement Ring Tips for Men
So you have found that special girl who you want to spend the rest of your life with and you have also decided to make things official. Now, the next step, one of the most crucial one’s, is finding that perfect engagement ring. This is the one thing that most guys have difficulty with. I mean, how is the guy supposed to know if his girlfriend is going to like the ring he chooses? Well, choosing that perfect ring need not be such a difficult task if you keep certain important things in mind.
1. Note the type of jewelry she wears: One way to get to know her taste is to make it a point to notice what kind of jewelry she generally likes to wear. Does she wear a lot of white gold, or does she like yellow gold? Does the kind of jewelry she wears have a more contemporary kind of styling? Or does she prefer a more vintage look?
2. Pay attention to her likes and dislikes: You are out shopping with her, you could deliberately try to walk past a few jewelry stores. She will definitely stop to check out the displays. Pay attention to what she is looking at. That may give you a fair idea of what she likes.
3. Take a good look at her hands: Does your girlfriend have short fingers? In that case, take care that you do not get her a wide band because that will just make her fingers look even shorter. A nice oval shaped or elongated diamond solitaire ring should make her fingers look nice and sleek. If she has longer fingers, you could get her a bold shaped ring. If she has large and thick fingers, make sure not to get her very delicate looking rings.
4. Choose the right kind of shapes and ring settings: Round-shaped diamonds and gemstones are the most common and safest choices. However, there are a wide variety of shapes available like pear, marquise, and cushion. Does she like solitaires, or does she like lots of small stones arranged all around? You can get clues on her likes and dislikes by taking a good look at her current jewelry collection.
5. What kind of lifestyle does she have? If she is going to wear the ring everyday, then a ring that’s very delicate or susceptible to damage may not be an ideal choice. Also take into consideration the amount of care required for the ring.
6. Get her ring size, without her knowing it: You could smuggle one of her rings without her knowledge or ask a friend of hers to help you out.
7. Why not go in for a loose diamond? You could get a wonderful loose diamond for the proposal and then you could shop for the setting together. This is a much safer bet, since she gets to choose what she wants.
8. What’s your budget? You need to decide how much you can spend on the engagement ring. A traditional norm is two month’s pay. But it’s not a hard and fast rule. You could spend more or less depending on your budget, but you should keep in mind that this is one of the most special moments in a girl’s life.
Attribution:I am 28 years old expert in jewelry and diamonds. B2C Jewels
The opinions expressed by the Correspondents and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of the DirectoryM or any employee thereof. All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. DirectoryM makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. For any questions or to become a Correspondent yourself, please contact us at 617.933.7516.