Tipping Tips Hartford CT
East Hartford, CT
"Thanking your wedding vendors and service people with some extra money is a gracious thing to do," says Jung Lee, a partner at Fete, a wedding planning firm in New York City.
How to do it? Slip cash or personal checks into envelopes and hand them out at the end of the night.
- Your officiant: $25 to $100, depending on how many guests you have.
- Ceremony assistants (altar boys, organist): $5 to $25 each (but first ask a clergy member whether tips are covered by the church fee).
- The caterer (only if gratuities are not already covered in the contract): 15 to 22% of the total food/beverage cost (this will later be split among the wait and kitchen staff).
- The chef: $1 to $2 per guest.
- Divide an additional 5% of the total food and beverage cost among the banquet manager, maitre d', coat checker and bathroom attendants.
- Hair and makeup artists: 15 to 20% of their fees.
- The limousine drivers: 18 to 20% (unless it's included in the contract).
- The florist; the baker; the photographer
Keep your wedding budget from busting at the seams by consulting our Budget Basics section.